Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Swim Suit & A New Dukan Friend

I got a comment from a lady doing the Dukan Diet yesterday. And her comment really made me think. And she did put things under perspective. A different perspective. Here's what she wrote:

About your bathing suit fears: you are at a weight many people would really love to be at ... just keep telling yourself that there are many people that will look at you and ENVY the way you look! I don't know if that will put it into perspective?!
Like I would be thrilled to be at your weight ... and I know people that are heavier than me would love to be where I am at now.
Crazy, I know, when we are not satisfied with ourselves.


Her comment let me go back 1.5 years ago when I weighed in at 208 Lbs. That was my weight a few months after I had my son. And for the first time, this morning, I realize that I have lost a total of 24 Lbs! And that's really good. Even though it took more than a year to get lose it. At least it's going down.  

I tried on my swim suit, that I got 1.5 yrs ago, to go swimming at the gym (which I never did really), and to my surprise, I could tell it looks better on me now than it did when I first bought it! I feel really good about that. I think more than the weight, what makes me even more self conscious, are the cellulite lines & some stretch marks. But , I've decided to look at those stretch marks in a positive way. Those are signs of my struggle with weight and my success-so far- with losing some weight. (it's hard to think of it that way, it'll take time, but that's what I think I need to do). - And probably try and find some good cream to help reduce that!!! lol hehe
Anyways, let's give our new friend some support and love. Follow her journey.
http://www.dukandiet-journey.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Julie! So much of how we feel about our weight loss journeys (and life, really) depends on having perspective...Gives me something to think about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you appreciated my comment - I wasn't sure whether to post it or not, to be quite honest, as it sort of had a "paternal" tone to it, which I personally most of the time can't stand!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete