Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ready, set, BAKE!

Good day in general. Nothing exciting really. Rained almost all day, it sucks! Everywhere else in the States are getting a massive heat wave, except us, here in Seattle! You'd think we get used to it. We don't! Oh well, it's just another day.
I wanted to workout, but again, didn't get the chance to do that. Also, I know I need to drink more water. I don't drink enough. Some days, I realize I've only had 1 or 2 cups of water. NOT GOOD!  Got to get myself into the habit of drinking more.

Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee/ non fat creamer, Activia light
Lunch: 2 eggs, 1 slice of 2% Swiss cheese, a little crab
Snack: Cup of coffee w/ non fat creamer
Dinner: Miracle Noodle & Walden Farms Pasta Tomato Sauce & Ground Beef
Snack: 3 slices of fat free swiss cheese & some crab (felt a bit hungry after dinner).

I'm "attempting" to bake Chocolate Oatbran Muffins tonight! If they're good, i'll probably have it for a snack with a cup of tea. I'm trying Vicki's recipe. Wish me luck! :)

FYI: I didn't have the Wheat Bran that the recipe needed, but did find something called Cream of Wheat (it's not creamy at all, has the Oat Bran texture). Thought I'd give it a try with that. Let's hope it works! :)

The last few days have been really tough for me. Not talking about the diet (directly), but life in general. That's when I struggle with my food. It's like "yeah, whatever, I'll just eat" . In the past, that's something I would do. Lately, I've been better. Although it takes everything in me to be disciplined about it.
It's also really hard to concentrate on myself and what I need to do to get healthier and be happier. It takes a lot of work to do that. Especially with the daily struggles, routines and experiences with my two little boys. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys. I would do anything and everything for them. I'm just saying, it takes a lot of effort physically and emotionally to juggle between the family needs and my own personal needs.
I'm sure a lot of mom's out there understand where I'm coming from :)
with my husband at the Manchester United Game
Going to another subject now! Last night, my husband and I went to a soccer game (as it's called in the united states) also known internationally as football! :) - My favorite team, Manchester United  were the visiting team. And they were playing our own Seattle Sounders FC. It was a great game.Great atmosphere. And I loved every minute of it. And the timing was great, since I needed a break and do something with my husband without the kids :) 

Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean about the challenge of juggling(although i dont have extra challenge of kids!) . it not easy to prioritise yourself and your needs in all that. the stress that can make you want to eat can be overwhelming. the one thing i tried to do was control the one thing i can - what i put in my mouth - while the world goes crazy around me. its helped actually and made me feel stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are right. That's what I need to think about on those crazy days! :)

    ReplyDelete