Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thought Of The Day

I'll get right to it. I am starting to worry about eating a lot of protein and not enough vegetables. Not worried about carbs really. I can do without them. But the protein, well, I'm worried. I have a bad family history of heart disease, cholesterol and high blood pressure. I mentioned this on this blog in the past, and I stopped the diet for a while. I came back to it because my desire to losing weight was my priority. And of course it wasn't proven that Dukan was a "bad" diet. 
Now, again, I worry. And my husband worries. He has been very supportive of me through my ups and downs on this diet and other diets I've been on.

"If you can do the Dukan Diet, you can do pretty much any other diet" his words.  Maybe try counting calories (which is what I did for a while, it worked when I stuck to it). Or maybe try a healthier lifestyle. More veggies , fiber and lean protein. Got to mix up the diet. Many thoughts and ideas.

I'm still getting the headaches. I'm very constipated even with the fiber powder that I add with my drinks. It's actually starting to bother me.

I'm not saying I'm quitting Dukan. I just wanted to share my thoughts. After all, Dukan or not, we're here to lose weight and get healthy. That's my main goal. I want to be healthy for my husband, my sons and for me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks as always for your honesty in sharing your thoughts. Although I'm a huge fan of this diet, I can completely understand your worries -- particularly if you're still experiencing headaches and constipation (as well as in light of your family medical history).

    Whichever diet you choose, of course we'll all support you 100%! We want you to be healthy AND happy AND (as your blog title states) 50 lbs less, all at the same time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had very similar thoughts right before I switched to Weight Watchers:)
    I also had bad headaches especially during pp days, but I tend to suffer form migraines. As soon as I had carbs and sugars my headache went away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry sometimes too about the amount of protein, then I think surely the Inuit aren’t unhealthy. I know this sounds funny but maybe there is something to the Inuit diet. Maybe that is where Dr. Dukan discovered the diet. LOL just kidding.
    You can check their diet out here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_diet
    I don't know, just a thought.
    As for the constipation I force myself to keep drinking that H2O. The headaches could be from the constipation, I don't know just another thought. :) Thank you for your posts by the way, I’m always inspired when I read them.

    ReplyDelete